Our apartments are located in the beautiful palace "Pellegrini Molon", famous for its portal, its windows in Venetian Gothic style, and its entrance with frescoes dating back to '500. This residence, totally renovated, is situated in Via Rosa n. 8, one of the oldest streets of Verona. Traced to the route of the first hinge ultrato of the Roman city, corresponding to the road axis marked by the present Via Garibaldi-Rosa-Fogge-Dante-square-Francesco Viviani alley behind San Sebastian. An hypothesis wants the name Rosa derived from Italian "ditch" and connected with the presence of a water channel; hypothesis suggested by the famous Roman tombstone that recalls the generosity of Massima Gavia, which gave the city six hundred thousand sesterces for the construction of the aqueduct.

The street then crosses with Corso Santa Anastasia "The road of Antiquaries", which runs from Piazza Santa Anastasia in Piazza delle Erbe.

 

Piazza Erbe:

this is the oldest square in Verona, and places above the area of the Roman Forum. In the Roman period was the center of political and economic life, and in time the Roman buildings have been replaced by those of the Middle Ages. Rich of monuments and famous for its banquet is now also a place for fun, here, in fact there are several places where you can stop for a scenic lunch or a drink.

 

Ponte Pietra and Roman Theatre:

Ponte Pietra is one of the most panoramic and suggestive place of Verona. It remains one of the greatest monuments of Roman Verona. It 'legitimate to date prior to 89 BC - The year when Verona became a Latin colony - a first structure built at the turn of the Adige, between right and left banks. In a first time this bridge was built in wood, but in 1503 the bridge was rebuilt in stone, but collapsed and was rebuilt in wood. In 1508 the City Council asked the architect Fra 'Giocondo to superintend the construction of the Roman bridge. On 25 April 1945 the bridge was mined by the retreating Germans, was blown stood only the first arch on the right in 1957 laid the foundation stone for the reconstruction of the arches destroyed and finally, March 7, 1959, was inaugurated the bridge, a culmination of a faithful reconstruction.

Crossing the bridge, you will find the famous Roman Theater built in the last quarter of the first century BC, at the foot of the hill of San Pietro. The few ruins visible today are certainly capable of documenting its former glory. Over time, the building suffered the ravages of time, the cataclysms and for centuries lay entirely buried beneath miserable huts, until 1830 the year in which the Veronese Andrea Monga purchased at his own expense, and demolished shacks, initiating the work to bring to light what remained of the building. Now, the auditorium remains of the ancient theater and the steps, some arched loggias and significant remains of the stage.